My World

Welcome to my world, a place where books are piled everywhere, the dining room doubles as a classroom, and plants take over every flat surface in the winter! Science experiments can be found in the kitchen. It's a cozy place in my opinion, I think I'll keep it this way!



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Beauty of a Newborn

I love babies. When you hold one, all becomes right in the world. Stress...what is that? Breathe in that baby smell (ok, one with a clean diaper, otherwise that totally changes things!), and you become almost intoxicated with joy. Today I got to hold a newborn. She is beautiful with a headful of black hair. She's not mine, but that didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying her. Listening to her little squeaks, watching her stretch, seeing those little tiny wondering eyes...it just doesn't get better than that! Her whole future lies before her...and she doesn't even know it, doesn't even care. Such innocence.

Ok, apparently holding a newborn brings out the really bad poet in me! I looked at this wee one and thought about my oldest baby. She is getting ready to head off for college, her whole future lies before her, she will also be stretching and wondering...and wandering. The years have flown by!

So, where am I going with this? I really have no idea! Just musing I suppose, haha! I know, you thought I was going to be wise and eloquent. Sorry to disappoint you, it's too late at night!

It's been a very busy week, not stressful, just very busy. The garden is still producing, so that makes me happy. Lots of tomatoes, a few cucumbers, broccoli. The Japanese Beetles are driving me crazy, they like to buzz all around my head when I'm outside! I hate those things! Nasty nasty!

Ok, enough rambling for one night! I'm still trying to decide what direction this blog will take, so be patient with me. Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment