My World

Welcome to my world, a place where books are piled everywhere, the dining room doubles as a classroom, and plants take over every flat surface in the winter! Science experiments can be found in the kitchen. It's a cozy place in my opinion, I think I'll keep it this way!



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Little fingers and toes are in the house!

Here I am, blogging late at night again since I can't sleep. I should change my blog name to "The Midnight Blogger" or something.

We started babysitting this week. I've been excited about it ever since this beautiful little girl was born, but when she actually came this week, I was--no exaggeration--ecstatic. Little fingers and toes in the house again! A tiny sweet-smelling head! All the funny faces and sounds that only such a wee one can make. It was hard the first day to do anything but sit and watch her and hold her. I'm thinking being a grandma will be awesome! I'm also thinking that's a few years down the road so I'll settle for borrowing babies for now... I think my youngest daughter has fallen for those little fingers and toes too. She's going to be a great mom some day.

I still remember the day I dropped Oldest Daughter off my first day back at work. Leaving her was awful. I felt like she would change so much in just the short time I would be gone, and I would miss it. And so, when this new little one's mommy said a very tearful good-bye that first day back to work, I knew how hard it was and felt so bad for her...

My little one is all grown up now into a beautiful, confident college student. But...leaving her at college was awful. I felt like she would change so much in just the short time she would be gone, and I would miss it...hm, I guess some things never change! My kids don't understand these wacky maternal feelings of mine, but someday hopefully they'll have their own wee ones, and then, I'm just guessing, they'll finally get it!

Good night everyone!

1 comment: