My World

Welcome to my world, a place where books are piled everywhere, the dining room doubles as a classroom, and plants take over every flat surface in the winter! Science experiments can be found in the kitchen. It's a cozy place in my opinion, I think I'll keep it this way!



Saturday, September 4, 2010

Oh, the weather outside is...awesome!

This has been a great weekend so far! There are several pastors and their families in this area that are like-minded and we really enjoy being together. So yesterday the wives went out for lunch at this new little coffee shop here in town. I had the prime rib sandwich which was totally amazing (the sandwich, not the fact that I had one), and the company was great. We just sat and visited for 2 1/2 hours about kids, books, schools, our lives, Bible studies...there was no gossiping, no cutting anyone down...it was good to be with a godly group of women!

Then last night the family and I went to the first football game of the season. We have never really had much of a team, our school just doesn't have enough big guys compared to a lot of other schools...I suppose it's good that our guys are thin, but it doesn't do much for town morale! Anyway, this year the school switched to 8-man instead of 11-man, and we actually won the first game! Woohoo! Personally I'm not really into football, but I enjoyed it! Perfect weather, our guys actually scoring...it was a good evening.

And this evening was the annual Harlan/Portis picnic, put on by several churches in the area. The pastors and wives were out in force and I really enjoyed visiting with everyone again. Two days in a row, wow, some kind of record! I also enjoyed visiting with people from the different communities since I don't see some of them much. Again, the weather was absolutely gorgeous and I was sorry to see the evening come to an end. Funny what a difference friends make...I used to be so shy that I dreaded going to anything. I would just sit like a bump on a log and not really enjoy myself. I'm thankful times have changed! Or maybe the change has just been in me!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful that you are able to fellowship with the other pastor's wives. I know that many do not get that opportunity. I know my Mom didn't. So, I am thrilled to hear that you have the fellowship and companionship that I believe every Pastor's wife needs.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took 14 years for this to happen, which makes it even sweeter!

    ReplyDelete