My World

Welcome to my world, a place where books are piled everywhere, the dining room doubles as a classroom, and plants take over every flat surface in the winter! Science experiments can be found in the kitchen. It's a cozy place in my opinion, I think I'll keep it this way!



Monday, August 30, 2010

Duck Duck Moose

So...today was a normal day. Which is exciting because sometimes I go weeks without one of those! We had school (around the dining room table in case you wondered) and for the most part it was calm. Youngest son tends to make a lot of monkey noises while he studies which I suppose is better than other noises he could be making so I won't complain. Much. While the 3 still-at-home kids were working diligently (well, that may be a slight exaggeration), I worked on flyers for our new Pioneer Club year and actually got quite a few done. The rest of the day just kind of flew by. We went to the library, Dollar General, the post office...all very exciting places but not worthy of an in-depth homeschool field trip since we've already been there, done that.

This evening I decided that since it will soon be Fall and time to take the pool down, I was going to go for a swim. We don't have a big pool so going for a swim isn't as exciting as it sounds, but still, it's water and it's deep enough to float around in so it's all good. Actually I've discovered that I can float in pretty much any depth. What I don't seem to be able to do is sink...I don't think I want to know why. Surely it doesn't have anything to do with the Cosmic Brownies I've been eating... Anyway, I was enjoying the slightly chilly water...until my two youngest got in and decided we should play Duck Duck Moose. No, that isn't a typo. I'm guessing Youngest Daughter made this up, it sounds like her. It was a cross between tag and Duck Duck Goose and, you guessed it, if you were it you had to pretend your hands were antlers and make bellowing sounds while trying to tag someone. Which really wasn't hard considering it's not that big a pool. After awhile I got into the spirit of things and proceeded to try to drown the two of them in an effort to tag them. It was actually quite fun. Next time you're bored, remember...Duck Duck Moose! You're it!

1 comment: