My World

Welcome to my world, a place where books are piled everywhere, the dining room doubles as a classroom, and plants take over every flat surface in the winter! Science experiments can be found in the kitchen. It's a cozy place in my opinion, I think I'll keep it this way!



Monday, August 2, 2010

The Wedding of my 'other daughter'

My lands, it is H-O-T here! The heat index is 112!! So, I took the kids and a friend to Glen Elder Lake where the water was refreshingly cool and we had a great time. My oldest daughter got really sunburnt last time, so hopefully this time slathering on sunscreen for 10 minutes did the trick. We'll see. If she looks like a tomato tomorrow I'm going to suggest she stay out of the sun. For good!

I feel sorry for my poor garden out there in this heat. Okra would do fine...only I didn't plant any, so that's irrelevant I guess! Cucumber vines look totally wilted! And that's the garden update for today...I think I should go give the poor things some water.

Well, my 'other daughter' is married now! It was a beautiful wedding--NOT a huge, fancy wedding, but beautiful in it's simplicity. It was definitely centered around the Bride, the Groom, and God. Which is exactly as it should be. Here's a lovely picture of them and MY handsome groom and me:



That's me in the red, not the white...in case you were confused :)

No comments:

Post a Comment