My World

Welcome to my world, a place where books are piled everywhere, the dining room doubles as a classroom, and plants take over every flat surface in the winter! Science experiments can be found in the kitchen. It's a cozy place in my opinion, I think I'll keep it this way!



Monday, August 23, 2010

I came back from vacation to a bazillion tomatoes and peppers. Well, maybe not quite that many, but a lot. Peppers don't seem to sell and I've already frozen enough for a year so I'm not sure what to do with the rest...is there such a thing as green pepper jelly? Green pepper cake? Green pepper chocolate? Hey, I could make millions off that! I shall have to do some research on this!

Today is our first day of school. Already there is one little boy with a stinky little attitude. Aaargh! Time for an attitude adjustment!! Because otherwise it is going to be a very long year for both of us! Today is also the first day they go to band at the public school. Not the first day ever, but for this year.

I miss my oldest terribly. Not only is there an empty place at the table, an empty place in school, an empty place on the pew at church, but there is an empty place in my heart. I've never seen a parenting book that told you when your children leave, a big gaping hole is left. However, let's look at this positively...there will be no more confusion about whose socks and underwear I'm sorting! There, I knew there was a bright side to this! And less laundry because Oldest Daughter likes to wear layers and change frequently...Hm, things are looking up already...On the downside, I have to do the ironing now until I get the other kids trained. Maybe I'll just teach them all at once and when the laundry is done, just have everyone line up for their turn at the ironing board. Sounds like a plan to me! And while I'm at it, they can make my bed and clean the house and I shall sit around eating bonbons and reading. Yep, I'm good with that! Oh Darling Kids, I have some new chores for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment