My World

Welcome to my world, a place where books are piled everywhere, the dining room doubles as a classroom, and plants take over every flat surface in the winter! Science experiments can be found in the kitchen. It's a cozy place in my opinion, I think I'll keep it this way!



Friday, September 10, 2010

My usual sleeplessness

I'm sitting here mad at my husband. Not because he did anything, but because he is asleep. He turns off the light...he starts snoring. How does he do that??? Meanwhile I toss and turn, toss and turn, toss and turn, get up and wander around, stare at facebook for awhile, finally realize no one has updated their statuses in the 20 minutes I've stared at the screen, go back to bed and start all over. Sigh.

Today marks the end of my first week of babysitting. She's such a sweet little thing. I asked my youngest son if he thought having her around was ok...and just then she exploded in her diaper so we got a good laugh out of that! I think my youngest daughter was happier this week playing with the baby than she has been in awhile. Maybe because she had something to do besides facebook. It's kind of lonely in this town for homeschool kids. Most of the other kids are involved in sports and really don't have time for those who aren't, which would be...my kids. There aren't any other homeschooled kids their age here either. Funny thing is, I was homeschooled and lonely and said I'd never homeschool my kids. And here I am. Homeschooling. With lonely kids. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Will they look back on these years and resent me? I try to give them plenty of opportunities to see places and do things, but is it enough? I'll be honest, I just don't know.

Wow, rather melodramatic tonight! Must be the lack of sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly? I, too, was a lonely, homeschooled child....actually teenager. This truly is a difficult on, I believe. We try so hard to do the right thing, but then end up wondering if we DID the right thing or not. Hang in there, Girl...you are a remarkable Mom. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you were homeschooled! Why did I think I went to school with you? Where did I know you from then? Did we get together because our parents were friends???

    ReplyDelete